Friday 1 June 2018

Best Part Of Me


Learning Intentions
I am learning to use language features to make my writing interesting and engaging for the reader.
I am learning to think carefully about the words I use so that my writing is descriptive and engaging for the reader.
I am learning to add an appropriate visual to my work

I will be successful when I can show….
-I have used some language features to make my writing interesting and engaging (smile, metaphor, alliteration, onomatopoeia, rhyme)
-I have carefully chosen some interesting words to include in my writing
-I have some descriptive words in my writing (adjectives)
-I have added a photo to my writing
My toes, my teeny, tiny toes. I like my matimati because they wiggle like worms. My toes are decorated with the colours of the āniwaniwa. They dig into the soft, sand at the beach and get makariri in the snow . My matimati are different and are mine all mine. My toes are tough, beautiful and bright. When I paint my toes they become a piece of art. I aroha my toes because they are mine all mine!

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Sasha. I loved this piece of writing, especially your use of repetition, "they are mine, all mine" and alliteration, "my teeny, tiny toes." You have certainly met the learning intention for descriptive writing. Next time you may like to try metaphor. It is a tricky feature, but effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful toes and a beautiful piece of writing, Sasha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.